Assalamo Alaikum My Dear Brothers and Sisters;
This is to keep you updated and aware of the latest remodeling work planned in our MAS Center.
We are embarking on the following two remodeling projects in the classroom building in the MAS Center:
- HVAC System: Installing a new Heating & Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system (machines and duct work). Our current system is very old and had currently a failure. It is due for full-replacement. Children used to complain every winter and the portable heaters are not efficient.
- Restrooms: Fully-remodeling the two restrooms.
Importance of these Two Remodeling Projects:
These two projects are very vital and needed for the following reasons:
- They are the last two remodeling projects in our Classroom Building. By that, this building will be fully done and no more remodeling will be needed in it :).
- We will be able to run three more new programs which are on our to-do-list:
- The Pre-School (offering early Islamic education for pre-school ages),
- The Islamic American University Satellite Campus (offering Islamic Knowledge courses),
- The Public Computer Lab (For computer literacy training and community service).
- HVAC System: We are about to receive an estimate.
- Restrooms: We already received an estimate and are seeking another one, inshaaAllah.
- We currently have the expected cost of ht HVAC system.
- We are trying to collect around (~$25K) during the coming month to cover the remaining cost of the Restrooms remodeling expenses. The help of each one of you is very needed and highly appreciated. I appreciate if everyone can reach out to his/her circles and friends. I hope that everyone can commit to collect ($1,000) from his own circles. Feel free to pass this message to any potential donor. PLEASE DO YOUR BEST MAKING IT HAPPEN.
- Please let me know of your efforts on that. Below is our “Paypal” donation link.
Please remember that your donation is Tax-Deductible.
Remember: You can make your Zakat/Sadaqa/Donation to MAS
According to the Fatwa of many notable scholars, MAS is eligible to receive your Zakat and Sadaqah money. Read the quotes below;
- “In his famous book Fiqh Az-Zakah, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, has thoroughly discussed this subject. His Fatwa is that in non-Muslim countries it is permissible to use Zakah funds to build the Masajid, Schools and hospitals. – See more at: http://www.islamicity.com/Articles/articles.asp?ref=IC0212-1797#sthash.0FMAi2Dc.dpuf”
- Arabic Fatwa: http://fatwa.islamweb.net/fatwa/index.php?page=showfatwa&lang=&Option=FatwaId&Id=2057