MAS Qur’an Institute is looking for Principal and Assistant Principal for Saturday Islamic school.
QI Principal will serve as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe traditional Islamic learning environment, which meets the school’s approved curriculum, philosophy, and mission.
QI Assistant Principal will assist the Principal in his/her duties.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/30/2022
Compensation is commensurate with experience and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
- Minimum five years of experience in teaching Arabic Language and Quranic Studies
- Fluency in Quranic Tajweed recitation
- Minimum two years of managerial experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Minimum two years of administrative experience
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, and parents.
- Experience with a school-wide discipline program
- High awareness of the QI-mission & vision.
- Manage, evaluate, and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures.
- Establish the annual master schedule for instructional programs, ensuring sequential learning experiences for students consistent with the school’s philosophy, mission statement and instructional goals.
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school. Ensure orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students.
- Establish a professional relationship with students and with staff that has their respect.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel. Serve as a role model for students, dressing professionally, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession. Encourage all teachers to do the same.
- Research and collect data regarding the needs of students, and other pertinent information.
- Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school. Conduct meetings, as necessary, for the proper functioning of the school: weekly meetings for full-time staff; monthly staff meetings.
- Establish and maintain an effective inventory system for all school supplies, materials and equipment.
- Establish procedures that create and maintain attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities, with proper attention to the visual, acoustic and temperature.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.